In the middle of these visits the Inspire Rotherham project was officially launched, see some pictures online. Reading Matters had stall in All Saints Square on 21st March. It was good to be involved, we weren't selling much, just telling people about Reading Matters and sharing the word sheets we had prepared for the partnership with RUFC. It was also the first time our new range of Read Up trading cards got a public outing, all the RUFC players we trained have a card with a mixture of football and reading skills and a few facts. They were hugely popular, and we gave out pretty much our entire stock.
As well as all this we have been running a number of partnerships as part of the Inspire Rotherham pilot in Maltby:
- A Reading Leaders course with pupils from Maltby Community School
- A Reading Together workshop for parents at Maltby Community School
- Training for practioners, such as Teaching Assistants, from the Maltby area
- New volunteer reading mentors have begun at Hilltop Special School
- A Parents workshop in partnership with GROW
RUFC at Matby Readwood School