- Dark Man series by Peter Lancett - Minimal text and dark pencil illustrations, in particular the use of repetition helps embed word recognition
- Dark Flight series - 'Horror' tales designed to grab the attention of young teenagers with low reading ages
- Right Now! series by Dee Phillips - Very low word counts fiction books for teenagers lower reading ages
- Zig Zag series - Aimed at younger children but still popular at the secondary school
- Barrington Stoke - Barrington Stoke are our go-to publisher, the series above are aimed at young reading ages than Barrington Stoke's traditional audience, but their Solo and Go! series, plus the new Tribe series, will be suitable.
I was at Firth Park Community Arts College last week, placing a new Reading Mentor. We explored all sorts of new resources including many for particularly reluctant or struggling readers. I wanted to share them with you: