We had a wonderful couple of training days full of enthusiasm and ideas, it was an inspiration, as was the Devon landscape.
Organised by the local Book Relief charity and The Bideford Learning Community, and funded by Awards for All and The Bideford Bridge Trust, I know the programme is going to be a huge success. I don't usually make a big deal of the end of training session evaluation forms, but there are some lovely comments from these particular days:
- Excellent course, I feel very confident and very excited about becoming a Reading Mentor
- Very useful and easy to understand. Will be able to use what I have learnt with confidence
- Very useful information, relaxed atmosphere, friendly tutor
- So encouraging, very informative and feel equipped to start reading mentoring
- A great day full of good tips, knowledge and [I am] looking forward to starting
- Encouraging, very informative - ready to put into practice at school.
- Richard was very encouraging and a brilliant course leader, time passed very quickly and I've gained loads of useful skills today, thank you.
- Tutor was very informative and was made to feel comfortable with what I was learning and doing
- I am looking forward to being school co-ordinator for our mentors, very exciting!