12/05/2010

Barnaby Grimes and the Phantom of Blood Alley by Stewart and Riddell - Random House Review by Reading Leader, Sabeela Mahmood from King Ecgbert School

The fith and final review of Random House books by Reading Leader, Sabeela Mahmood from King Ecgbert School.

Barnaby Grimes and the Phantom of Blood Alley

Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell


PLOT

Barnaby Grimes is a tick-tock lad, high stacking his way across the rooftops of his city in search of adventure and mystery. In a fiercely competitive world of early photography, the rewards are immense but so are the risks. After an experiment goes disastrously wrong, Barnaby finds himself on the trail of a mad chemist with a talent for disappearing into thin air…

MAIN CHARACTERS


The main characters are Barnaby Grimes, Professor Pinkerton-Barnes, Will Farmer, Clarissa Oliphant and Laurence Oliphant.

WHAT I THOUGHT

I thought the book was a very good Mixture of gothic and adventure themes. I particularly liked the fact that it was set in early Victorian times. It made the book seem very real. Wrote by the same authors of The Edge Chronicles I didn’t expect any less. The book didn’t disappoint me because of the well thought plot and interesting character. The only bad thing was the book was the fourth in the series! I hadn’t read the first three. But I would definitely recommend this to all my friends. A well thought out book.

By Sabeela Mahmood

No comments: