I am really pleased to get back involved with the YoungMinds Book Award. I have just received a full set of books on this years long list. I will be taking these to Meadowhead School to be reviewed by the Reading Leaders there.
Any young person can get involved by reviewing a book, more details on the YoungMinds website. The 2010 long list is:
- Dear Dylan, by Siobhan Curham (AuthorHouse)
- Desperate Measures, by Laura Summers (Piccadilly)
- Ember Fury, by Cathy Brett (Headline)
- Ice Lolly, by Jean Ure (Harper Collins Children’s
- Inside, by J A Jarman (Andersen press)
- Lottie Biggs is not desperate, by Hayley Long
(Macmillan Children’s Books)
- No Way To Go, by Bernard Ashley, (Hachette)
- Running on the cracks, by Julia Donaldson (Egmont)
- Them and Us, by Bali Rai (Barrington Stoke)
- The Truth about Leo, by David Yelland (Penguin)
- When I was Joe, by Keren David (Frances Lincoln
- Zellah Green, by Vanessa Curtis (Egmont)
Barrington Stoke have been doing very well on the awards front recently. The Story of Matthew Buzzington by Andy Stanton has been shortlisted for both the Leeds Book Award and the Leicester Junior Book Award. And Night Hunger by Alan Gibbons was voted best Short Novel in the Hackney School Short Novels Awards.