It is really comprehensive, and just a little over-whelming!
- Practical tips on picking great books for kids of all ages—infant through young adult.
- Guidance on what makes books attractive and developmentally valuable for children.
- Analysis of themes, illustrations, stories, and the use of humor in children’s books.
- Philosophical reflections on the role of children’s books in the development of moral character.
- A comprehensive list of online resources for finding excellent children’s literature, including book lists, sources of professional book reviews, and children’s literature blogs.
A key message for me, is that just because a book looks attractive to an adult doesn't mean it is going to be right for a young person.